On This Page:
Abortion Referral Links
**Please note that the following are outside links. If you’re seeking abortion in the Greater Tampa Bay Area, TBAF will help you navigate these resources and talk to you about resources available to you. Once you’ve made an appointment, give us a call at 727.314.3956 and we can help!
Not Sure Where to Start?:
The National Network of Abortion Funds (NNAF) has a helpful list to get you started and to connect you with organizations that can support your financial and logistical needs, as you arrange for your abortion. If you are in the Greater Tampa Bay Area, or are seeking care at a Greater Tampa Bay Area clinic, reach out to TBAF for assistance.
Find a Clinic Near You:
- ineedana.com or ineedanabortion.com
- Text “hello” to 202-883-4620
- See if Abortion Pills are available for you, via mail: plancpills.org
Other Resources for Finding Abortion Services:
- Independent Abortion Care Providers
- Find a Planned Parenthood Health Center
- “How Do I Find The Clinic That’s Right For Me?”
- AidAccess: “Aid Access supports women, girls, trans men, nonbinary and all people with an unwanted pregnancy to access an abortion or miscarriage treatment.”
- AidAccess: Pregnancy Calculator: “Ultrasound or pregnancy tests are the only ways to immediately be sure that a woman is pregnant… [You] can also make a reasonable calculation of about how long [you have] been pregnant,” by using the pregnancy calculator at the link above.
- How to avoid “Fake Clinics,” from Abortion Access Front: What exactly is a fake clinic?: “Fake women’s health centers—AKA fake clinics—are anti-abortion counseling centers with an agenda. Their goal is to deceive and pressure people to carry a pregnancy to term.” To find a real abortion clinic, visit one of the trusted links above.
- National Abortion Federation (NAF): Hotline for referrals and financial assistance
- National Network of Abortion Funds (NNAF): Find an abortion fund near you (for funding and/or practical support needs)
- The Brigid Alliance: Support for those seeking an abortion and currently 16 weeks pregnant or more.
Talklines/Helplines for Support:
- Miscarriage & Abortion Hotline: support to self-manage your miscarriage or abortion
- All-Options Talkline: unbiased and judgment-free (peer-based) support and referrals for any experiences with pregnancy, parenting, abortion, and adoption.
- 888-493-0092 (from US or Canada)
- Reprocare Healthline: peer-based, trauma-informed emotional support
- Repro Legal Helpline: attorneys and advocates who provide legal information and support to people navigating complex laws in order to self-determine their reproductive lives
- Connect & Breathe: an after-abortion non-judgemental talkline
- Exhale: After-Abortion Textline
- 617-749-2948 (textline)
Information about Abortion:
- We Testify: “Abortion 101”
- How to Use Abortion Pill: “Instructions for a Safe Abortion with Pills”
- Women Help Women: “Self-Managed Abortion; Safe & Supported”
- Planned Parenthood: “Considering Abortion”
- TBAF: “About Abortion”
- Self-Managed Abortion using Pills
Other Useful Resources:
- If/When/How: Repro Legal Helpline
- Digital Defense Fund: Keep Your Abortion Private & Secure (Understanding and Maintaining Digital Privacy)
- Planned Parenthood: Emergency Contraceptives
- TBAF: Contraception
- Euki: Period Tracking App (Secure menstruation tracker)
- “Unsure About Your Options?: A Guide to Making the Right Decision for You”
- Abortion Care Network: Ally Organizations
- Abortion Access Front: Resources
- Handbook for a Post-Roe America: Practical Support Groups by Region
Other Abortion Funds Serving Florida:
- Tampa Bay Abortion Fund (TBAF) – Greater Tampa Bay Area
- Florida Access Network (FAN) – Central and Northern FL regions
- Emergency Medical Assistance Inc. (EMA) – Palm Beaches & Treasure Coast
- Women’s Emergency Network (WEN) – Miami-Dade, Broward, & Monroe
- Broward Women’s Emergency Fund (BWEF) – Broward
- Access Reproductive Care – Southeast (ARC) – AL, FL, GA, MS, SC, & TN
In Need of Other Resources?
The resources/links listed below are not specific to abortion. These resources may include organizations that TBAF does not directly work with, but are listed here in case you are in need of additional assistance, outside of your abortion appointment. Please contact each resource or organization for specifics on their services or availability.
Pinellas & Hillsborough Counties:
- Pinellas County Homeless Resource Guide 2021 – PDF containing resources on Housing, Meals, Food Pantries/Food Assistance, Miscellaneous, Health and Behavioral Services, and more.
- For immediate HOUSING OR SHELTER needs, CRISIS INTERVENTION, intake and referral to HEALTH AND COMMUNITY RESOURCES, or FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE for overdue rent and utilities contact: 2-1-1 or text your zip code to 898211.
- Up-to-date mobile FOOD PANTRY locations and hours can be found at: Feeding Tampa Bay
- Community Action Stops Abuse (CASA) – 727-895-4912
- “Preventative, emergency, and restorative support for survivors of domestic violence including rapid rehousing and transitional housing.”
- Hope Villages of America – The Haven – 727-442-4128
- Clearwater – “Services and shelter for survivors of domestic violence includes the Emergency Safe House.”
- Metro Inclusive Health – 727-321-3854
- LGBTQ+ community programs offered include multiple virtual social programs, events, and groups for persons identifying as LGBTQ+ from youth to seniors.
- Linkage programs offered for ex-offenders to assist in re-entry upon release from jail.
- The Spring of Tampa Bay – Call/Text (813) 247-SAFE • TTY: (813) 248-1050
- 24-hr Crisis Hotline & Services for survivors of domestic violence, including crisis hotline, shelter, legal services, and supportive services.
- Hillsborough County Homeless Initiative – thhi.org or 813-223-6115
- This website includes a directory to resources for: emergency shelter services, food, housing and utilities, clothing and household, homeless services, veteran services, unaccompanied youth services, employment, income support, mental health and addiction, health care, GED and education, individual and family support, senior services, disability, legal and public services, transportation, child and maternity services, trafficking and violence, inmate and re-entry services, disaster services, etc.
- Find an Emergency Shelter – List of Hillsborough County Emergency Shelters and availability, by thhi.org
- Crisis Center of Tampa Bay – “Call 2-1-1 where you will receive free, confidential crisis intervention, along with referrals to a Crisis Center service or to over 3,000 other community resources.”
- Hillsborough County Social Services – contains links for: Utility and Energy Assistance, Community Resource Centers, etc.
- Florida Department of Health
- Index of Services
- “Women’s Health” – Family Health Line: 800-451-2229 – The statewide toll-free hotline offers counseling information and referrals about pregnancy, infant and toddler issues
- WIC – “WIC is a federally funded nutrition program for Women, Infants, and Children. WIC provides the following at no cost: healthy foods, nutrition education and counseling, breastfeeding support, and referrals for health care and community services.”
- Hillsborough County WIC Agency: 813-307-8074
- Pinellas County WIC Agency: 727-824-6913 or 727-824-6914
- Or “call 1-800-342-3556 and ask for the phone number of your local WIC office.”
- Florida Domestic Violence Hotline – (800) 500-1119 or (800) 621-4202 (TDD)
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline – If you or someone you know are struggling with thoughts of suicide, please call 800-273-TALK (8255)
- National Domestic Violence Hotline – “Free. Confidential. 24/7.” Call 800.799.SAFE (7233) – TTY 1.800.787.3224, or text “START” to 88788.
- National Sexual Assault Telephone Hotline – “When you call 800.656.HOPE (4673), you’ll be routed to a local RAINN affiliate organization based on the first six digits of your phone number. Cell phone callers have the option to enter the ZIP code of their current location to more accurately locate the nearest sexual assault service provider.”
- National Human Trafficking Hotline – Call 888-373-7888 (TTY: 711) or Text 233733