Thank you for your interest in volunteering with the Tampa Bay Abortion Fund. We’re a volunteer-run operation and are always thrilled to bring more people on board!
Want to get involved and make a huge impact right now? Becoming a sustaining donor helps abortion funds plan for upcoming months and ensure that abortion stays accessible. Join our growing, remarkable team of sustaining donors by visiting https://donorbox.org/tbaf-website. Your sustaining gift allows us to serve more people, at a deeper level. A monthly gift of $5 a month provides emergency contraceptives. A gift of $10 a month pays for a hotel for a client. And $20 a month can help cover a portion of their procedure. Your automatic monthly donation makes our work possible! (You can also visit tbafund.com/donate for more ways to donate.)
Unable to donate your money, but want to know how you can get involved? You can donate your time and expertise!
Right now, Tampa Bay Abortion Fund is in need of volunteers to help with the following roles:
- Intake Calls
- Providing Rides to and from Client Appointments
- Helping with Childcare during Client Appointments
- Fundraising Support
- Fundraising Event Planning
- Community Outreach
- Grant Writing
- and more!
*(TBAF is not currently seeking volunteers for Clinic Escorts. If you are specifically interested in this position, there are multiple local orgs that are doing this necessary work with local clinics, to help drown out the dangerous words and actions of clinic protestors.)
Please fill out our Volunteer Application and someone from the team will reach out shortly. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions! (Please do NOT leave questions about volunteering on our intake call line.)
If you’d like to also get involved in advocating for Abortion Justice from the legislative lens, through Tampa Bay Access Force, you can visit tbaforce.com for more info on how to get involved and/or volunteer.
May 2022 Update:
Please bear with us during this time, as we’ve received a high volume of requests and emails. If you’ve filled out a volunteer application, we will respond to you as soon as possible. In the meantime, you can read more about TBAF on our updates page, including our response to Alito’s leaked draft, and this interview that TBAF did with WMNF outlining how our fund works and the state of abortion access in Florida.
There are many ways to get involved in the fight for Abortion Rights. We’ve listed a few suggestions below:
- How to Help People Access Abortion Right Now:
- If you haven’t already signed up for our upcoming volunteer trainings, you can do that here. If you’re not in Tampa Bay, or are looking to support an Abortion Fund near you, find your local fund here!
- Help us fundraise! 100% of donations go towards our clients and helping ensure they have access to abortion through: payments for abortion care and practical support to ensure they can get to their appointment!
- You can get started by creating a Fund-a-Thon 2022 page before #FAT22 closes at the end of May: https://fund.nnaf.org/tbaf22
- Share ways to donate with your friends and family: tbafund.com/donate/
- Check out some other ways to support our clients: tbafund.com/shop/
- Spread the Word!
- Spread the word about Self-Managed Abortion (SMA)! SMA is medically SAFE and effective! TBAF volunteers are working hard to spread the word about these widely-available pills, which are the SAME pills that one would get at an in-clinic appointment! Check out more on plancpills.org and spread PlanCPills stickers and fliers all over your local community!! Visit abortionpillinfo.org for information from Women Help Women.
- Say the word “Abortion!” It’s important that we don’t uses “coded” language or add to the stigma surrounding abortion. Talk to your friends and family about why abortion access is important to you. #AbortionIsEssentialHealthcare
- Learn more!
- Check out our amazing partner, Abortion Access Front’s event: “Operation Save Abortion”: https://www.aafront.org/operation-save-abortion/
- Podcast: “Access: A Podcast About Abortion”
- Podcast: “Boom Lawyered”
- Article: “Let’s Talk About Abortion Toolkit”
- Article: “We Need To Change How We Talk About Abortion”
- Book: “Reproductive Justice: An Introduction”
- Book: “The New Handbook for a Post-Roe America: The Complete Guide to Abortion Legality, Access, and Practical Support”
- Books: There are MANY excellent books about abortion, Reproductive Justice, Abortion Justice, accessing abortion, etc. Many amazing advocates and organizations have put together their own lists, and we suggest them here, here, here, here, here, here, here, & more!
- Resources & Organizations to check out: If/When/How, Shout Your Abortion, Abortion Care Network, SisterSong, National Network of Abortion Funds, National Abortion Federation, Apiary for Practical Support, Ibis Reproductive Health, Digital Defense Fund, and MANY OTHERS!
- And Resources for abortion-seekers!
We may be busy, but TBAF will continue focusing on our main goals: FUNDING ABORTIONS and MAKING ABORTION ACCESSIBLE!! Thank you for supporting our efforts and getting involved!!!
TBAF Board & Volunteers